Metallurgical coke is a carbon substance made by purifying various blends of bituminous coal in a controlled environment.
Coke is manufactured by distilling a mixture of chosen bituminous coals (also known as Coking coal or Metallurgical coal) in special high-temperature ovens in the absence of oxygen until the volatile stuff is driven off in large amounts. COKE, the end product, is mostly made up of carbon granules ranging in size from basketballs (foundry coke) to fine powder (coke breeze).
Coke is generally used in blast furnaces to melt iron ore and other bearing materials, acting as both a heat source and a chemical reducing agent to generate pig iron or hot metal.
Vimla Fuels now runs 5,00,000 MTPA of non-polluting, non-recovery coke ovens. The raw material need is supplied by importing Australian prime coking coal. The following are the distinguishing characteristics of coke manufactured by Vimla Fuels:
- Superior coke quality is achieved by a meticulous coking procedure and significantly higher oven temperatures.
- The complete combustion of coking coals produces very low quantities of pollutants.
- Advanced in-house lab for comprehensive examination and correction of minute chemical specification variations.
- As far as increased coke quality is concerned, we intend to set new trends.
- Completely RCC coal & coke yard which ensures that the coke quality is maintained.
- Exclusive mechanized machines for exact sizing and screening of coke.
- Excellent infrastructure facilities like steel duct & stack and big size ovens which increases the efficiency as well as the quality of coke.
- We have expertise in producing different coke qualities for the requirements of blast furnaces, foundries, Ferro alloys.
- We are also diversifying into different activities and moving towards an eco friendly energy by setting up a power plant with the stack emissions of our coke oven.
Low Ash Metallurgical Coke (Met Coke) is required for metallurgical and chemical industries and is used as the primary fuel where high temperature and uniform heating is required. The industrial consumers of LAMC include integrated steel plants, industry/foundries producing Ferro Alloys, Pig Iron, Engineering Goods, Chemicals, Soda Ash and Zinc units etc.